Do You Behave Like This??
The primary function of the sinuses is to filter pollutants and bacteria from the air through the small hairs and mucus within the sinus cavities. In normal situations this works fine however swelling and infection can impair this function as a result of a cold or allergy. Such sinus infection (sinusitis) results in symptoms such as pain around the nose and eyes, a high temperature and headache and makes the sufferer feel generally unwell.
Although sinusitis may have you feeling miserable, there are several steps you can take to help relieve the symptoms of sinus infection such as:
1) Steam Inhalation - The pain of sinus infection occurs when mucus drainage system fails to drain adequately. Placing your head over a bowl of steaming water a few times a day will help to get things moving again and give some relief.
2) Home Humidifiers - An ideal way to prevent sinus dryness is by using a personal humidifier that can be purchased from drug stores. By maintaining the moisture within the nasal passages the sinuses can drain correctly and reduce potential problems occurring.
3) Sinus Flush - Flushing the sinuses out several times a day is recommended when experiencing sinus infection. Commercial saline nasal sprays are ideal or alternatively 300ml of water mixed with a teaspoon of salt and pinch of baking soda as a flushing solution also works well.
4) Maintain Fluid Levels - Drinking plenty of clear fluids will assist in keeping the mucus runny and able to drain from the sinus cavities. Some herbal teas such as sage, anise and fenugreek are also good at maintaining mucus drainage from the sinus cavity.
5) Stop Smoking - Smoking has the effect of inflaming and irritating the airways in the sinuses and lungs which exacerbates sinus problems. Kicking the habit will do wonders for persistent sinus infections as the cigarette smoke has the effect of increasing mucus production prolonging the infection and making it difficult to cure completely.
6) Massage and Heat - Massaging the sinuses will help to improve the blood-flow through the sinus area and bring some relief. Applying a hot pack or wash cloth soaked in hot water will also help to loosen mucus and improve blood-flow to relieve sinus pain also.
7) Think before Using Nasal Spray - Overuse of nasal spray medication can sometimes do more harm than good. Repeated use can cause nasal linings to shrink followed by swelling even more and the cycle starts again to prolong the infection.
More often than not the best remedies are the simple ones and following the tips outlined above will help to relieve the symptoms of sinus infection and reduce its severity. By choosing all-natural treatments and taking steps to reduce the number of contributing factors in the cause of sinus infection you will see an improvement in the symptoms and significant savings as apposed to store bought drugs.Looking for a sinus infection treatment to finally get some relief?
With this 1-minute recipe you can start putting an end to sinus pain in 5 minutes.
Click => http://www.impressiveebooks.com/sinus_infection_cures